Electra Brandt was founded in Leiden in 1926 and started repairing electric motors. Later this expanded with the winding of electric motors. In 1935, Electra Brandt was the first company in the Netherlands to acquire a Bosch agency. In 1950, the adaptation of fuel pumps for marine diesel engines was added to the services. The company moved to Rijnsburg in 1973 and a new building in 2001.